Monday, October 31, 2005

Internet be damned

I am ineligible for consideration for the job at the other hospital due to my inappropriate use of the internet during business hours. FOR 6 MONTHS.

In good news, my manager is moving forward with me as the liaison for the physicians. I hope that it doesn't involve a new job title or something that would require me to request a transfer. Someone did say that it can be overruled if I am the highly qualified candidate.

I haven't even used the internet for one single purpose outside of work. It has been an incredibly interesting week politically. I LOVED reading all the articles on salon.com and keeping up on the state of our union. Unfortunately, I'd rather watch Days of Our Lives when I get home than read salon. But I have to watch Days, I'm going to the 40th anniversary seminar on Wednesday and I'd be shamed out of the room if I wasn't down with the comings and goings in the lives of the wonderful people of Salem.

I had my follow up appointment after the cortisone injection. The pain has been far worse following the injection, it took a full week for a partial recovery. The MD was not pleased. He is requesting an MRI. I hope that the MRI doesn't show a rotator cuff tear. I would prefer not to have surgery. In fact I do not want surgery, no thanks.

No comments: