Friday, October 14, 2005

I'm an addict

We had our health fair at work today. I had my BMI and fat index done, I'm a GOOD, my fat mass is 19.5% and my BMI is 20, excellent is less than 17 for the fat mass and less than 25 for the body mass. They put an electrode on your foot and hand and measure the fat mass by the flow of the current. I am down from last year. Which is suprising because I feel like a fat pig and I've gained a few pounds.

Now the bad news:
My cholesterol is 234! OMG, up over 70 points in the last year. I blame it on BACON. BACON I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Just this week I had you for breakfast on Monday and Wednesday and Thursday, wrapped around my amazing filet mingon on Wednesday, and wrapped around my pork loin last night. Why do you taste so good? Why are you so bad for me?

The change started today. I had oatmeal for breakfast and half of a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. I will only eat bacon when camping, I swear. I will exersize and I will eat less red meat.

I like to think that my cholesterol is an error. So in a few weeks after I have not eaten red meat 4 times in the week prior to the test and not eaten unhealthful amounts of BACON I will get retested.

Bacon YOU are no longer welcome on my plate.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I love bacon!

Joanne S said...

If you eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday (like I do) and eat bacon at every opportunity (like I do ) is there any chance the two would cancel each other out? Any chance at all?

Save Dakota Fanning! said...

they totally should.

cheerios is also supposed to lower cholestoral.

I love bacon so much.

Ben said...

how dare you.