Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Grrrrr

Over the last 6 months I have sent 1275 accounts to Medical Records for coding. Today I decided to do a random audit to make sure they are coding as requested. So far I have found about 50% that have either been coded wrong or not at all. I've only reviewed 75 accounts. I'm a bit angry with Medical Records. Why do I bother even getting the diagnosis if they don't code it and bill in the time frame set forth by Medicare? So tomorrow I need to review the other 1200 or so account and be prepared for a meeting on Thursday.

I need to change my planned camping menu for this coming weekend. I had planned to make chicken on a spit, but with just Matt and I that seems like too much work. I don't want to rotate the bird every 5 minutes for 4 hours, no thanks. We can have chicken cooked in the dutch oven or something equally as good. Maybe we'll even scrap making everything from scratch and purchase some of the beautiful meat from the fancy pants grocery store in Malibu. Yay Malibu.

No comments: