Wednesday, October 19, 2005

today

4:55am: got in shower
5:11am cuddled with Chase-er-meow-meow and watched the news
5:17am began to get ready for work
5:45am kissed Matt goodbye, put 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee cup and left for work ,
6:06 punched in, I am usually not so late, but I was still "on-time" because we have a 7 minute grace period.
6:09 disinfected my desk. I don't trust the night shift to not use my computer with dirty gloves or to have specimens at my desk.
6:11 checked the overnight print job, and printers. AOK
6:12 say good morning to the night shift and smatterings of day shift while checking the call in list
6:15 coffee, usually there are a bunch of phlebotomists and various scientists also having coffee, but not today. Sabir and Jose have coffee together everyday, they both do intense FISH and cytogentics studies; everyday the eat some cracker/cookie things and offer one to me, I always say no.
6:20 decide what I'm going to work on, surprise its diagnosis issues
6:21 finish writting up the tests ordered and also write down all the phone and fax numbers for Tracy. Tracy is recent grad who has been working with me for 3 years, she graduated in the spring. She is planning to go to grad school in the spring. She is wonderful.
6:45 send some faxes requesting diagnosis so we don't tie up the fax after the offices open
7:00 I was asked to give the opening reflection for the new Service Ambassador term. I choose the prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred, let us sowlove; where there is injury, pardon; where there is discord, union; wherethere is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there isdarkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so muchseek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to beloved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoningthat we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.Amen.

I copied it from my email into word and printed it out. When my co-worker left to fill supplies I practiced reading it out loud.
7:07 my annoying, doesn't pull her weight coworker showed up. I worked and chit chatted as people came in until 8:15
8:15 hot chocolate from the coffee shop
8:25 get ready to read the prayer
8:30 - 10:00 meeting time. The prayer was perfect and the new term should be great. I'm very pleased to be a part of the team. Our patient satisfaction scores have sky rocketed, they are up to 83.9% with a 3 year goal of 85%. We have 2 more months to make that goal. We went from the last hospital in the health system to the second, hopefully by the end of the year, we'll be up to #1!
10:10-11:00 worked on dx and checked and responded to various email
11:00 LUNCH half a chicken salad sandwich on rye and 5 carrot sticks and a water $1.50
I finished reading the article about Hi Poo Poo (I can't remember the actual name) it is where the tsunami hit and The Beach was filmed in Radar. (one of my many free magazine subscriptions, thank you Rose) The article started good but finished poorly.
11:30 back to work I guess I missed a blow up while at a the meeting, my lazy co-worker got mad that she was told she had to work at her desk and called the lead girls bitches and threw a bag at them. I didn't miss the fight 2 weeks ago when she went off on someone else. I worked on diagnosis BS until 1:15.
1:15 break with Karry. We usually go to the giftshop or the coffee place and look in the vending machines. I don't ever get anything from the vending machine, but I eat a few bites of whatever Karry gets. Today we also went to the gift shop as they are having a 50% off sale on halloween items. I got a black cat witch candle holder for $2.
1:30 work for another hour, wrap up the day and check in with Tracy
2:27 clocked out

After work I went to Naimie's beauty supply. I was hoping they would carry my new favorite hair product. They do not. I purchased some blotting rice paper for my crazy grease face, and looked at $100+ hair dryers and curling irons. Then I went to Gelson's, we have stopped cooking on Wednesday and do some sort of take out or dine out. Today it is turkey meatloaf, brown rice veggie salad, and garlic bread. I also bought some chicken bolognese sauce in case the meatloaf is dry. I hope it doesn't suck.

Now it is 4:50. I am going to spend the next 40 minutes watching Days of Our Lives. Matt should be home shortly after. From there, all I know is from 9:00-10:00 LOST!!!

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

But what is your new favorite hair product?! Lost was good!