Thursday, August 24, 2006

good things

Matt talked to his sister last night. He said it was the best conversation he has had with her in a long time. Things with both her and her son are looking much better than they have in a while. We really couldn't be happier. I can not tell you what a relief it is to hear positive things about our nephew. Therapy, accountability, remorse, acceptance and gratitude. Things are still yet to be determined in regards to the future, but isn't that true for all of us?

I am going hiking and having a picnic with some of my co-workers weekend after next. My supervisor will not be in attendance. I was also invited to the annual end of summer BBQ at the home of one of the head honchos. I imagine they have have a pretty nice house on the beach in the fancy part of town.

I've pretty much decided to stick it out with the job. Mostly because I'm lazy and don't really feel like looking for a job and I like being home early in the afternoon. The supervisor just pretty much keeps to herself. No more chit chat in the morning. It will really suck when the other co-worker leaves to go to her home department. Whatever, they pay really well and feed me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about family! Lots of fun plans in the near future too - more bonuses with the job - hiking and checking out lovely homes!

Katrina said...

Dude, that's awesome that she keeps to herself. Hopefully she'll victimize herself enough to quit.

I'm so happy to hear about Matt's fam!

Joanne S said...

Sounds like every one but the bitch is nice to work for and hang with. This could work out. How's the actual work they have you doing? Interesting?