Monday, February 13, 2006

Disrespect and professionalism

On Friday my supervisor spoke to me for the first time since he sent me the email previously blogged. He only spoke to me to give me yet another project that he is unable to complete.

I decided to take that opportunity and ask if he and I could speak for a few minutes about the email. He said that he thought that would be a good idea; but he has no time to talk today as he is too busy.

I sent an email to my Manager to indicate that I had requested a few minutes of his time and was denied.

Today, Monday, my manager called me into her office and said what is up with the email. I told her that I feel a lot of tension between him and me and that I had hoped that maybe having a conversation would help me feel better. The manager told me that she did not think it was a good idea to pursue the issue. She said that I would not get the results that I am hoping for. She said that he believes he is right, and no talking will change his position.

So basically I just get to sit at my desk and do my work. WORK WORK WORK.
Let my management shit all over me. Give me more work. Cover all the people who are absent. WORK WORK WORK. Don’t say no. Do not pass go, because honestly why should we give you more money when you already do the job? You should have thought about that before you did what we asked.

And if I tomorrow I'm counting how many times the Manger mentions that she is in management. YUCK.

Cross your fingers for the exectutive secretary job. It would be fun to work in Surgery. I could flirt with my favorite physicians, run when I see the bad ones and make more money.

No comments: