Friday, July 13, 2007

Game Show Summer 2.0

I was laid off from my job on Halloween Day, 2001. I was one of many who lost their jobs post 9/11/01, collecting unemployment and wondering if I'd find a job.

You can watch a lot of television with an unemployment check and rent control. I decided to seize the opportunity and become a game show contestant.

My initial success was with the assistance of a friend of a friend who was a game show talent coordinator. She hooked me up with an audition for the Comedy Central show Beat the Geeks!

I was in! It was super fun to tape the show. Beat the Geeks was a traditional buzz-in trivia show. Men are statistically proven to be quicker with the buzzer finger, they'll buzz first think later, woman think then buzz. They told the girls not to think. I was eliminated in the first round. I did walk away with a nice parting gift, a jansport backpack! Whoot.

After Beat the Geeks I decided to take it national. I auditioned for Hollywood Squares, I did not pass the test. The Weakest Link, failed again. The Chair, hosted by John McEnroe, pass! Then the show was canceled. I also tried out for a few more, nothing panned out.

So now we come to Game Show Summer 2.0, I shall be victorious.

My friend Rose and I are going to team up for a show that is a cross between The Price Is Right and Antqiue's Road show or something. We need a team name and might go with Jane's Girls. I'm not sure. We met on the internet forever ago on the Jane Magazine (rip) message boards. I sometimes forget that is how we met, cause now we're just regular friends, not internet friends. They'll love us and call us in for the audition next Friday. They will!

The other audition is for the show "Temptation" it is already a show in Australia so I read up on it and it seems to be a test of your ability to resist temptation, but also a buzz-in quiz show. The temptation being a 42 inch HDTV for $22 or something even better, the one with the most money at the end of the show has the opportunity to win one big big prize, car, trip... or come back next week to win even bigger and better stuff. The questions are all pop culture, count me in.

I applied for that Fox singing show "Don't Forget the Lyrics". One million bucks for lyrics taking up space in your brain. Chances are, I've got them up there, they are just waiting to burst out in song. And I like Wayne Brady. I hope they contact me.

Tune in later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, a million bucks would be nice - or even a $1,000!! You are a natural! I always knew you were a star!