Sunday, July 15, 2007

Felt Club

Today was the big XL Felt Club craft fair. They've been around for a few years, just doing small 15 or so artists at a small venue. This time around they went large, XL. Sponsorship, dozens of crafters, gift bags...

I was lured in by the gift bag (250 total to be given away) and my friend Rose and I met up at 10, the show opened at 11:00. We headed over and planned to drive by and then go find coffee and come back about 11:00. At 10:19 there were about 125 people in line. We parked and waited in line for 45 minutes. By the end the line looped up then down the street beyond where we could see.

We got the gift bags! Heavy bags with free samples, books, an Izze drink (YUM, available at Target), buttons, tons of stuff!

The venue was CRAZY, all those hundreds of people and the hundred or so vendors. We were over it by 11:25 and left. It was 100% worth it. Just the gift bag alone.

I applied for the show and wasn't accepted. I understand why, it really isn't my genre of art. And having been there today, I'm really glad I wasn't accepted. It would have been great to get that much exposure, but damn, so totally overwhelming with that many people. So it all worked out just fine.

I'll still apply for the winter show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gift bags - just like at the Oscars! How cool!