Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's Tuesday

I've scanned all of my purchases for this week! 3 items: a snickers ice cream sandwich, a giant triple chocolate cone, and a roll of wild berry life savers. The fact that I haven't been paid since leaving my last job in early July makes me purchase very little. Next week my spending habits will be back to normal.

The Flaming Lips concert was great. They played only the songs I love. Seriously. I listen to the same 2 tracks on one album and they played both songs for a really long time. One of Matt's co-workers attended the show, he said "that the song that went dunt da dunt da dunt where everyone threw their glow necklaces sucked, it was only good for a concert where everyone threw their glow necklaces, nothing else." We'll that is my most favorite song by the Flaming Lips. Good thing we pretended to not see them sitting one row behind us. The Thievery Corp. was also fantastic! Really, really fantastic. I have only one regret, not purchasing a tank top for Katrina on the way out. Sad.

I drive through Beverly Hills on my way to work. I usually notice the stupid bigness of the houses, but today it was lady liberty. Why are there not one but 2 different statues in people's yard of the statue of liberty? One is white and one is classic green. I will have to drive around a bit more and see if I can uncover a rich people garden gnome type trend of our lady liberty.

And really why are the houses so big? Do you really need that much space? Should your front door be bigger than my truck? Come on, really? Have you seen the poor people? How do you live with yourself?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take the giant triple cone (was it a sugar cone?) any day over the other mundane purchases I can think of! Ah yes, why do people live in such houses - because they can! No happier - I guarantee!

Save Dakota Fanning! said...

Want to make a day of wandering around rich neighborhoods and taking pictures of the silliness. I have a new camera with an awesome zoom.

Oh, my mom will be in town next weekend. If the weather totally chills out, do you think it would be a good time to do the fountain walk? (If the weather persists, fuck no! hahaha) Have you met my mom? She's super cool. We should all go to the fashion district and go to the awesome fabric store.

Katrina said...

Thanks for thinking of me. Dude, I can't wait to see you!!!

I miss you ladies!