Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My new job

I started yesterday. So far so good. All the things I was worried about are non issues.

The commute is short. I love to drive over Laurel Canyon when there is no traffic. Santa Monica Blvd through West Hollywood is always a pleasure, except for the stop lights. I've been home less than 45 minutes after "clocking out".

Lunch was my other concern. I shopped for lots of good lunch stuff and purchased a cute lunch tote; I swore I would bring my lunch everyday. Well that plan is out! The purchase lunch for every employee every day. They order from 4 places and you just need to send your choice via the intranet by 10:00. A couple hours later your lunch is in the kitchen with your name on it and your choice of drinks in the fridge. Crazy.

It is still to early to know exactly what I'm doing day to day, but that will come with time.

Hooray!

Oh and I need to use up 10 days of vacation between now and Christmas. Next year 20 days of PTO!

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

oh my gawd! free lunch every day?! Outrageous. 10 vacation days before Christmas. Come visit us!

Joanne S said...

Well, I can see the "wish strip" I made for you and your new job is working! I am so happy for you!