Monday, July 03, 2006

7/3/06

I had a good productive morning at work. My boss thanked me time and time again for all the great work I've done. I left early to come home and go swimming and bask in the sunshine.

Rather than come home to a nice cool pool I came home to the police and the coroner. Sadly my neighbor Pete died. His bird, Joey, who always makes a ton of noise was silent. Silent until his owner's body was removed, then he squawked "goodbye" a few dozen times.

Bummer.

This is not unexpected. Pete had MS and self medicated with drinking, oxycotin and various other drugs. It still makes me sad. He had some friends but no family.

Poor Joey. He was such a nasty parrot with all the biting and whatnot, but he loved Pete. I can hear Joey squawking goodbye and it makes me all teary.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

There's a country song in that story! Break your heart.