Saturday, November 19, 2005

Chocolate

Once when my parents were visiting, we went to the museum of natural history to see the History of Chocolate. We all found it quite interesting. Being the marketing genius that those museums are you exited right into a chocolate store. Everything chocolate. My mom promptly stated that my dad would spend at least $50. She was right.

One of the chocolates my dad purchased was a Fire Bar. A large chocolate bar mixed with spicy spices and a creation of flavor I had never experienced. We tasted many, many chocolates that day. Including some mole and various other entree type food mixed with the dark and light delightful chocolate. But really the Fire Bar stuck in my mind.

Quite a long time after the visit to the museum I found the company that makes the coveted Fire Bar. Vosges Chocolate I have placed one order. It came in a lovely package and everything was wonderful. I do prefer the soft truffles to the hard shelled. But these are very good. The order arrived just in time for another visit from my parents. I shared each of the chocolate bars they had at the time. (3 new ones since then!) Again my favorite is the Fire Bar.

The best side effect of ordering from this inspiring company is the mail you get following! OMG, I get catalogs all the time. The pictures are amazing. The stories are interesting. The descriptions are enticing. It makes me want to order more. Even though it is super expensive. I will order more their marketing does work. I also get emails with yummy pictures, enough to make you drool.

So do your self a favor. Order some chocolate. The catalogs that follow make it totally worth the price of the purchase.

BTW, this chocolate is the source of my inspiration of the cookies. I am going to perfect them tomorrow. Cookies for all at work on Monday!

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I'm getting out my credit card right now.

Anonymous said...

I found the fire bar - OMG $6.00! How about buying the bar and putting into your cookies? You could call it "fire chip delights"! Or, perhaps "go to the bank bars" Do you remember that's what Floyd called the delicious fudge I make at Christmas?!

Deborah Boschert said...

Floyd's fudge.... I'm salivating.