Saturday, August 06, 2005

The monkey chair

A few years ago I purchased a great chair with yucky fabric that was very scratchy. My kitty cat loved it!

Last spring the hot style in upholstery fabric was monkeys and all things ape. We'll if you have ever been to our home, or spent any quality time with my husband, or heard his band, you would know that there is a monkey theme running through our lives. Our home oozes monkey love.

I brought home 7 monkey fabric swatches (not all that were available!) we settled on one and the project began.




note Chase-er-meow-meow checking things out


Me ripping the old layers off, I stopped counting the nails after 500, for real!


beautiful naked chair


the early steps

Ta Da!!!


1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Your chair is way past Cool! I love the funky '40-'50s furniture and the fabric is so right! Excellent job!