Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I swear I'm not sickly

I feel like I've been spending too much time at the doctor. Yesterday I was diagnosed with lateral epicondylitis aka tennis elbow and golfer's elbow, ICD-9 726.32. Since I play neither golf nor tennis I didn't get this the fun way, it is all work related. I wonder if back in 10th grade when I failed (a big fat F) both tennis and golf if that was some sort of foreshadowing into my future issues. But anyway, I also have tendonitis of the shoulder, ICD-9 726.0. I start PT on Wednesday. And in the meantime, I get to wear a big old brace on my arm. Cool.

I swapped my mouse to my left hand in hopes that I can continue to click away without pain. It'll take some getting use to clicking with the left.

I hope to finish up my physician appointments in September, one with lump doctor and then a few follow ups with the other mds.

I should have put aside more pretax dollars for this year.

In other health news, my foster sister is dying. She has bone cancer and was given the you've got 5 years speach a few weeks ago. She was going to radation therapy and her walker collapsed and she fell and hit her head. She went to ratation and came home, all was fine. She went to lay down for a nap and started to vomit. She has a bleed in her brain and has less than a week to live.

1 comment:

molly said...

Oh, Joanna, that's awful about your foster sister. I'm so sorry.