Saturday, August 06, 2005

Acute Allgeric Reaction

Remember a while back I posted about the lump in my throat. My dr. has been trying new medications on me to see if an acid reducer will reduce the lump. She gave me 15 days of free samples, hoping that I would get an appt with the ear, nose & throat dr. in the meantime. I wan't able to get an appoitment until 7 weeks later. So I requested a new pill to tide me over. 3 days later I'm in the emergency room suffering from an acute allgeric reaction. It sounds worse, because I just really have hives, but upon the advice of our employee health, and my pcp office, I walked on over. I guess these thing can take a bad bad turn for the worst in no time.

I was oredered to stay home yesterday and I was given a variety of drugs to counteract the second round of drugs. So lump remains, my shoulders and neck itch like crazy and I can't stay awake for more than a few hours.

I think I will forgo any other remidies for my lumpiness. I will just wait for the ear, nose & throat to scope my throat and hopefully the lump will go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Joanna - I leave town for 4 days and you end up in ER! I hope the hives are better. Sarah Hansen's kids got hives from an antibiotic they were taking.

Not fun - hope you are 100% now!
love, mom