Saturday, July 23, 2005

New adventure

My friend Katrina came over to hang out yesterday afternoon. I mentioned that I've been obsessing about branching off from my clay to work on a new business venture.

My friend Kathleen is getting married in November. I have been fortunate enough to help her select a wedding dress, there are some beautiful dresses out there, and some beautiful veils. The veils range from $125 to $1000+. Huh? $1000 for some beads and $.50 a yard material? I can do that. I made my veil for my wedding. I'll scan a picture and post later. (for some reason the only picture folder I didn't move from the old computer is the wedding??? so sad)

So anyway, I'm also a bit obsessed with wedding shows, all except for a wedding story, that one sucks. The bridal industry is HOT. And as of yet, unsaturated with 1000's of new companies getting in the mix. Katrina and I are going to become the best bridal veil creators in the world. We have tons of great ideas. Fun and funky bachlorette party veils, fancy veils with feather plumes, simple and elegant! I'm totally excited.

For research we are going to go pretend we are brides and try on wedding dresses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous idea - & fun too!! So, when you shop, who will be the bride-to-be?
Mom

Joanna Stein said...

Both of us! We'll take turns! One can never do too much research.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look on your website!