Monday, July 18, 2005

It is hot

It is has been and will continue to be over 100 for the next week +. If you don't go outside it isn't so bad, assuming you have air conditioning. The heat has cemented my love for our new ceiling fan, it really does make sleeping not bad at all. That coupled with the fact that it is 35 degrees cooler after 8:30.

We had a great weekend. Saturday we searched for the perfect corner desk. We found one at Desks 4 Less, where scratches and dents save you dollars and cents. I'm picking a brand new desk and new chair on my way home from work. Cross your fingers it doens't weigh one hundred million pounds and Matt and I can get it up the stairs without any trouble.

We had dinner with Ian and Deb on Saturday night. Matt has been friend with Ian forever, they use to be roommates a dozen years ago. They live in a great mission house that is 99 years old. It is beautiful. It was the first time that I've met either of them and we all hit it off great. I'm looking forward to the next time we get together.

After a slight change in plans Sunday we ended up bbq'ing with our neighbors. Matt makes a mean bbq rib. They soaked for abou 15 hours in coca-cola and then slow roasted for a few hours in the oven, followed up with a half hour on the grill. They are always really tender and super tasty! We always enjoy hanging out with our neighbors so it was nice they could fill in for our friends who had to cancel. I wouldn't want all that pork to go to waste! Hooray Pork.

2 more days until I have 120 channels, including the soap network! I'm a bit sad that I will no longer use the tivo, but I hope the new dvr will prove to be just as wonderful. I also hope that my new DSL equiptment will arrive today. How perfect would it be for the desk and the DSL to be installed in one sitting!?! I'm not sure if I'm suppose to disconnect the cable and the tivo on my own or will the dish guy do it for me?

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh so that's why you were asking me about your tivo. Why are you switching to dish?