Tuesday, July 12, 2005

fake vs. real

I've been looking forward to entering a clay calendar contest. The mission statement is:

The 2005 Clay Lover's Calendar is an 12 x 18" (open size) full-color wall calendar featuring the work of Clayart participants from around the US and Canada (and one from Qatar, too!). As you turn the pages each month, you will enjoy the variety of style and color, brighten your studio and pick up new ideas.

I feel like I qualify as a clay artist. My preferred medium is indeed clay, polymer clay to be exact. I wanted to make sure that I would be eligible and emailed the company. What I received is "No, only potters working with real clay." Well if that is how you feel about it, I'll keep my entry fee and not buy your calendar. Screw the living tree clay company. I'll make my own damn calendar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanna - Great start to your blog! I will enjoy keeing up with your musings from day to day. BTW - so if polymer clay isn't clay what is it??
Love, mom