Friday, January 16, 2009

Food Update

The diet is going well! But I'm ready to stop being so restrictive. I'm going to be thoughtful in my choices while in Aspen, but I will eat dairy and wheat. I'm looking forward to it. Some fine cheese and a warm cookie? Yes, please. And probably a cocktail overlooking a snowy mountain, dreamy.

Matt and I plan to continue making everything we eat. I also hope to introduce some of the raw ideals after this month of restriction. We are loving the coconuts, fat, whole, young, milk, cream and even flour so many options from just one item.

I make a smoothie every morning with kefir or yogurt and loads of fresh fruit along with other good for you stuff.

I don't miss sugar, except at work and it is a birthday and they have pie... I miss bread every day and think about it all the time. Matt of course, does not miss it at all.

We got a Wii Fit and I been using that everyday. It isn't the best work out but it is better than nothing. And it is readily available at 5:15am. Once it is light later I'll go back to swimming in the evening.

So we're happily continuing along. But I am looking forward to going out to dinner with Matt in February. I miss that more than anything, the nice walk to and home from dinner, no distractions of home... just a different eating experience.

No comments: