Sunday, January 04, 2009

Detox

We're on day 3. We both slept HORRIBLE last night. Finally at 3am we got up and watched a bad Lifetime movie, and went to sleep around 5.

Overall I'm feeling 90% great. The other 10% is filled with a mild headache. Aside from the sleeping thing of course.

We're treating ourselves to some organic grass fed Nebraska beef. YUM. I wish it wasn't a million dollars, but whatever, we're not eating out this month. It all evens out in the end.

I made a Jewish rye with oat flour. It is very tasty, but flat. Flat like the dilly bread I failed at twice. I don't know what I'm missing. I think something is flawed in my raising process. It still tastes good, but it is flat and dense.

I think I need to boost my exercise so that I am worn out in the night time and just can't stay awake.

Fortunately Matt is 100% on board and we can support each other through the struggle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually, during fasting the mind is bright, light and clear. I figure after the first three or so days you will start sleeping better. Take walks in the late afternoon to tank some oxygen and relax you.

Why didn't you just do fruits and vegetables without the meat or dairy.

Keep enjoying the process.

Joanna Stein said...

Because the plan we're following demands protein with every meal. Organic, grass fed, hormone free beef, chicken, lamb, nuts...

It is a 30 day plan not just a 3 day thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I didn't think it would be 'a 3 day thing' but my experience with fasting is that you feel awful the first 3 days, before you start feeling better and enjoying the fast.
Have you checked out organic farmers directly to see if you can get better prices on meat?
The taste of organically produced meat is worth the expense though.

Care to share the name of the 'plan'?

Joanna Stein said...

We're doing this
http://www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/elimination.pdf

Trader Joes has good prices on the organic meat, way less than Whole Foods.

I will look into the organic meat websites. Also maybe the bigger farmer's market, the one I go to weekly doesn't have any meat vendors.