Monday, August 13, 2007

Wear This!

I do not know what to wear to the game show. I'm really struggling with making a choice, so please help me decide.

Rules are as follows:
A nice pair of pants, jeans (with no holes in them) or a skirt (no minis please; it can be as short as 1” inch above your knees) paired with a pretty blouse or sweater. Please keep in mind that you will be sitting on a nice, cushy chair on the set and we want you to feel as comfortable as possible.

None of the following are allowed:
1. Blouses or shirts or an entire outfit that is solid black, red, bright pink or solid white;
2. Small prints or patterns (polka dots, checks, stripes, herringbone, plaid);
3. Turtlenecks or neck jewelry (it will interfere with the microphone);
4. Tube tops, halter tops, tops showing more than an inch of cleavage:
5. Sheer material (under all the lighting it may become transparent);

I wear lots of dresses. Here is what they said about dresses... No Dresses, or one-piece outfits (unless you don’t mind having the sound engineer attach the microphone battery pack to your undergarments). Do I mind? I have lots and lots of great dresses.

Here are some top/skirt/pants choices.

Teal with a drawstring right under the boobs. Crocheted sleeves.


Short sleeve v-neck sweater.


Green wrap shirt. It is too big for me, so pretend it fits.


Turquoise button down


The turquoise button down straight on


Light green t shirt with embroidery at the shoulder and waist, gathered under the boobs


Black twin set with the flowered skirt


The catch to this whole thing is the director can choose which one they think will look best with the other contestants. So my first choice, or yours, may or may not be acceptable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I love them all - well, not realy - the strip is a bit much! Here's my choices:
1 - teal with draw string
2 - turquoise button
3 - green wrap
4 - light green
5 - black - don't really like
6 - strip - no comment...

All the ones I like are in the same color family - will that be a problem? Of course this color looks best with your hair and skin tone!

Keep us posted!!

Katrina said...

So exciting, Joanna!

I like: 1, 3, 4, 6

Good luck!!

Samantha said...

Teal and Turq the best, the black twinset but didn't you say one of the rules is no solid black shirts?

Ben said...

Hi, Joanna! A game show on Fox!?? Do you get to drown babies?

I'd go

1st one
4th/5th one
6th one

Anonymous said...

I like 1,4,5,6 and 7. I'd have to say 4 and 7 are my faves. Of course, you look good in all of them, and they're all good choices, except for the 2nd one seemed too busy for TV. Anyway, how exciting! One more day. :)