Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bump

Today was the tape day for Temptation.

I got there at noon. We had various briefings going over the game and the rules. Then we were put in private rooms in groups of 3.

We sat there for hours and hours. Waiting. One contestant from the morning crew was winning, winning and winning. Each time the person won, it would displace one of the 9 people from the afternoon group. They won 5 shows in a row, the most you can win. About 6:00 the contestant coordinator came to tell me that they were very sorry, but I would have to come back in 2 weeks. Myself and one other woman hung our heads and walked to our cars.

So my new tape date for the game show is in a couple of weeks. I'm ok with that. More time to buck up on trivia. More time to debate my clothing options. More time to practice hitting a buzzer, how does one practice that?

I'm a bit bummed out and I sure wish I didn't have to take another PTO day from work. Now that I've got the situation down, I can work a half day and do the show.

The person won some AMAZING prizes. It makes me even more excited!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna Stein said...

They do a great run down of every segment of the show. It sounds pretty easy, 3 rounds with various games and themes. The guy who explains everything does a great job.

I think that the key is hitting the buzzer first. Just be confident that you will know the answer. It is that millisecond thought process that will allow someone else, particularly if you play against a male, to buzz in and take the money.

The number one advice, bring a sweater. Our room was FREEZING, like less than 65. We were in there for about 4.5 hours so it really sucked. Also, bring magazines, it is hard to focus on a book with the other people in the room chatting and speculating about what could be next.

Good luck and have a great time! Defo, bring 5 outfits so you are ready to win all 5 shows!!!

Unknown said...

Joanna,
Thank you for your reply I will dress warm. It looks like its about the buzzer and luck. This
is going to be great fun good luck and thanks for the tips.

Jan