Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Art

Here are some pictures of the mosaic in its home. And a few switch plate covers made to match. I LOVE their choice of tiles and selections of appliances.

The mosaic is framed nicely by the tile and the hood.




This is a crappy picture of the switch plates.


This is my first attempt, well second I guess, at a flat piece all made from clay. I guess I like that earthy striation effect. This has lots of texture. Actually more than I originally envisioned, it changed a bit in the oven adding some puckers and cracks. Much like the earthy striations! I think it is fine. I'm using the Antique Roadshow motto that if it happens during firing it doesn't effect the value, right? If value = vision? I will get it matted and framed. I hope to have a small series ready for the art shows in October.



This is the first attempt. I have an inspiration piece, which has loads of blues and bright pinks, you can see it in the last image. I've since added some blue and purples and then stopped working on it. I finally put it up on a shelf and will look at it sometime over the weekend. I think I'll scrap all the blues and continue with my favorite colors. I'm not a big fan of orange, but when I set out all my various product you'd never ever believe me.




There is the inspiration piece! I thought I knew who painted it, but I'm not so sure now. Those are the blended sheets of clay making up the ropes above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanna - the art over the range looks just beautiful!! The other art is amazing too! You are so gifted!!

Four said...

Thank you and wisdom.by Andy and FSN