Wednesday, April 05, 2006

F words

Failure at Felt

Failure because I was not selected as a vendor for this Really I'm not so sad it is the weekend before we go to Alaska for this

I have also failed at melting felt, but that was because I wasn't using the correct type of felt.

The other F word is F U C K.

Is it wrong that I don't think of it as a bad word? They hardly even bleep it out on Blow Out, they just beep the fu, you can clearly hear the K. And Bono, the full of himself rock star, used it at the awards show and the FCC said it was ok.

I say it all the time. Maybe I don't say it at work in a meeting with important people but I know I do with some co-workers, only the ones who say it right back.

And I always think it is super cute when little children cuss. Like when Matthew Fox told the story about his 3 year old son who after vomiting all day stood over the toilet and said shit or fuck or something. Why doesn't goggle know exactly what his kid said? Why isn't someone taking the time to index the Ellen show transcripts?

So anyway, I like the word fuck but I know that some people do not so I try not to say it in front of them. It is a word of such versatility, just look at the email conversation between my girlfriends on what tense the word fuck is, or can be.

Joanna:
My grammar blog question,
This is fucking awesome.
Is fucking a verb?
Seriously I read what a verb is in the dictionary and I still don't know.

Kat:
ABSOLUTELY!! hahahaaha! OMG, I'm falling off my chair. The only fucking I know how to do is definitely a verb. I totally use it like that too though. I had to ask my co-workers and they are all pissing themselves and confused as hell.
hahahaha!!!

Joanna:
The FCC ruled that Bono saying Fucking brilliant or some shit was ok, but you can't say those two dogs are fucking.

What type of word is fucking in dog sentence?

Rose I included you cause you are edjamacated.

Rose:
Fuck is an awesome word because you can make sentences
like "Fuck you, you fucking fuck." So, it's also a noun.

Beyond that, I know nothing.


Mr Elmer Kral would be saddened by my not knowing the correct tense of the word fuck.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Fuck you, you fucking fuck.

That's so awesome. I love that word. I love this post.

Deborah Boschert said...

I think you google image Mr. Kral.

Joanna Stein said...

Images Showing: All image

Your search - Elmer Kral - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

Thank goodness for yearbooks. I'll dig mine out and scan good old Mr. Kral. He does have an interesting UFO credit from 1973.

Jamie said...

I love saying fuck~it's usually the word I use in conversation when I'm in a good mood~I do tend to say it when I'm pissed off as well but I just appreciate it more when I use it in the 'good mood mode'. Saturday I was on the phone with a long time friend and she told me she loved hearing me say fuck because it always means I'm in a good mood. Isn't that weird? My mom happens to love the word as well. After all, it is only a fucking word!!

Joanne S said...

My friend Patty lent me her "f--K" machine ( I can't say the word, can't even type it) and it plays different variations when you press the remote button. Good for meetings. Also, she was trying to de-sensitize me so I could say the word out loud. I have been able to press the button. It makes me laugh.

But as I told students in remedial English -(9th/10th grades) this is a word that can be used as a noun, verb, pronoun, adjective and adverb. I let them do exactly that in class but on paper. Which may be why I,m no longer teaching. but, really, would they have written five different sentences willingly with any other word?