Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hiking

Matt and I are gearing up for Alaska. We purchased some fancy pants hiking boots at REI last weekend.

Today we drove out to Angeles National Highway and hiked to Switzer falls. With Emma. I think about four miles total. We have had a fair amount of rain so the water was rapid and at times difficult to cross, but we made it. Emma probably did the best.

I love the new boots. They are comfy and kept my feet super dry! Even when standing in water. The only bad thing, dude these things must weigh a ton. My legs are nearly dead, OMG. We have a long way to go before we are ready to do serious hiking in Alaska. We'll make it. I've even gone to the gym every other day. Who am I?

I think overall Emma is the worst off right now, poor baby. She took her sweet time climbing the stairs after her walk tonight.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Sunday was a gorgeous day for hiking!