Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summer Concert Series

I love to go see shows at the various outdoor venues in the LA area.

This year we are seeing Beck, Spoon and Mgmt all at one show. I'm super excited for all 3! They are at the Hollywood Bowl towards the end of September.

But it is Death Cab for Cutie that is the show at the top of my list! I bought the new album, Narrow Stairs today. It is so much better than anything they've done in the past. I cannot wait.

Sadly the stupid ticket pimps got all the freaking Radiohead tickets. Assholes. I hate them. Seriously minutes after the pre-sale pre-sale there were 100s of tickets being sold by the brokers available for 9x the face value. I'm just not willing to spend $300 to see them, not worth it.

We will however probably go for a nice drive along the canyon roads surrounding the Bowl to listen to the sounds wafting up to our ears. I am tempted to go and buy a ticket from a scalper, but the last time I witnessed that the tickets were fakes. Man was that guy pissed off. He nearly beat up the guy who had the real tickets for the same seats.


Playboy Jazz festival and at least one or two shows at the Greek are also on the roster.

No comments: