Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby Bird



I was chatting with my dad on the phone this afternoon and he asked about the birds. So I peeked out the window and there was a tiny wet baby bird sitting with her daddy! Amazing.

When the dad switched off with the mom I took the above video. Hopefully the other egg with hatch soon.

I can now tell the difference between the mom and dad bird. They both sit on and feed the baby. When the dad was feeding he kept trying to tuck the other egg back under his body, it was really cute.

The little baby's eyes are still closed, but his down is all fluffy and full. He flaps his little wings when he is eating, so cute.

This has been a great weekend. We had sushi on Friday. We took the boat to Catalina for the day yesterday and this afternoon we watched Juno.

I'll post the Catalina pics later this week

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the video - very cute and such fun to watch! You could send us a weekly update video on their progress. I wonder how long they stay in the nest? How many eggs are there, looks like just one more.
love, mom