Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Newsy

We have a GREAT time in San Francisco with my parents. We walked all over the place, ate loads of good food, and laughed a ton.

We were in Union Square late on Friday night waiting in line for the trolley. A nice toothless man with a pocket full of city guides sold us some tickets to ride. Willie Sparks was his name, played drums in Sly and the Family Stone and Graham Central Station. Upon Willie's suggestion Matt googled him when we got home and he could be who he said he is. Anyway, we gave him money for tickets he got from people who were done traveling for the day, or found on the ground, or garbage. Nice niche he's cut out for himself.

I ate BACON and STEAK!!! Really, really good steak. Dry aged for 6 weeks, so tender and moist. YUM. That did it for me, no need for meat for a while.

I am sad to report that the second big art weekend I had planned in October has been canceled. The Rotary Club of Studio City decided to cancel the event due to road and bridge construction at the location of the event. It makes sense, but I was really looking forward to doing my vary first local show. Oh well, maybe in the springtime.

In good news, since that show has been canceled Matt and I can go away for our FIVE year anniversary. That makes the cancellation AOK in my book.

I'm planning to do a few other various one off events throughout the holiday season, I'm super excited. I hope to do more shows than EVER.

I guess that is it. I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a great Graham Central Station video in which you get some great close ups of Willie drumming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16I9Agu-4w

Cheers.