Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Carnivor

We are still doing pretty good with the no meat diet. It has been 256 days.

I had a tiny bit of prosciutto when my sister was visiting in April. And fish a few times here and there, but no ham, no chicken, no steak. No ribs, no fried chicken and no bacon.

But this weekend.... ANYTHING GOES.

Bacon, I love you. I'm sorry we've been apart for so long. Even though we haven't hung out in a long, long time I think about you almost everyday.

I'm not bacon obsessed, ok I am, but I think about bacon a lot because I walk past the little cafe every morning and can smell the bacon as I pull into the parking garage. It isn't MY fault.

And then I get emails and catalogs from Vosges, I mean just look at this picture


How could you not think about bacon when you pull this out of your mailbox? I'm not saying, ok I am saying, that I want to eat that chocolate bar.

I've been ordering from Vosges Chocolates ever since my dad bought me a Red Fire Bar after touring the History of Chocolate exhibit at the Natural History Museum in early 2003. Vosges Chocolates make kick ass chocolate. Freaking expensive, but still kick ass chocolate.

So meat, whether you are drenched in chocolate and are of the bacon variety, or even if you are a fillet from a cow, wrapped in bacon, watch out I have my eye on you.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Hmmm, I may have to give that a try. I'm already a freak with liking (no, loving) PB and bacon sandwiches. And PB goes with chocolate, so it naturally follows that bacon should go with chocolate. Right?