Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No pictures today

My friend Julie called me on my way home to let me know that there were dozens of paparazzi and E! News on the side walk outside Century City Hospital. I said that I'll bet it is Britney back for some tooth work. And not 5 minutes after I said that I turned onto Britney's street and not one single freaking paparazzi parked in the dirt.

I'm conflicted about the rights of the paps. I know that there should be a law against it, but really what law are they breaking? Maybe loitering? They technically are not trespassing, unless they step onto private property. Can they legislate standing on the sidewalk taking pictures? Does that mean that they stop the tour vans from driving by the homes of the stars? Where do you draw the line?

Of course we all know the line starts with us, with me. If I stopped reading TMZ, paging though US Weekly, and all the other rags, then there is no reason to take their picture. Too bad I won't stop. I also won't stop taking pictures of the paparazzi.... unless they do.

No comments: