Sunday, March 25, 2007

Music Mistro

I've been thinking about purchasing an ipod. First of all, everyone has one and I like to keep up with the Jones. Ok, not really, but it does seem that everyone has a portable music player. I asked my internet friends what they suggest and of course they all said the ipod. Which make total sense because really I suppose they are fantastic.

I remember when I was in 8th grade and everyone had the Guess jeans with the zipper at the ankle. I really wanted a pair of Guess jeans. The perfect little triangle on the pocket showed everyone that you were indeed wearing Guess jeans. And that meant you were popular. Or not, depending upon the day.

Guess jeans never fit me. So in hindsight I don't think that my mother actually denied me a pair of expensive jeans ($40! Goodness what I wouldn't do to pay $40 for the expensive jeans today! More like $140.), I just think the waist to hip ratio in those jeans were not made for my body type. But I still wanted them, and what they represented.

But anyway I digress. I searched the internet high and low looking at ipods and reading reviews. I kept coming back to the fact I really didn't want to spend what the ipod cost. Around $200 just for the player. And that is the bottom end player, not the fancy 5.5 with video! Maybe I'm just not meant to be popular, not in junior high and not at the gym. Darn.

So I purchase this


It has video, just like the expensive ipod. It also has voice recording, an fm tuner and instant fm recording. The ipod does not. You upload the content via windows media, therefore you can upload anything, not just itunes stuff. For the same price as the one video ipod I got this and portable speakers. The speakers sound great! It was a great purchase!

So far we've uploaded 560 songs. I still have a stack of cds to do, my afternoon project.

I will test out that voice recorder when I work up the nerve to stop and chat with the paparazzi. And speaking of dear Brittney Spears. She made her first outing since rehab. She took at dance class at the studio one freaking block from my house. We could have walked right past her if we had walked the other way home from dinner. Ice cream from 7/11 was more important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how much you love your "ipod"! May be I will get hip (or is it popular?) and get one someday...