Friday, January 26, 2007

Chase-er-meow-meow

My little kitty is sick. I noticed that she was coughing every so often over the weekend. Then by Monday I knew I had to take her to the vet.

We went to the vet on Tuesday and they said she either has a cold or asthma. She also has a lump but I'm not thinking about that until later, the doctor agreed.

So they sent her home with some antibiotics. By Thursday evening there wasn't any improvement and she had stopped eating and drinking. So I took her back to the vet.

The vet suggests x-rays to determine if she does have asthma. We had previously discussed the fact that sometimes asthma will not show up on the film so there was that to consider. The x-rays came back with classic cat asthma lung. The vet gave me a comparison to look at of a healthy lung.

Now little meowers is on pred. She got a shot last night and then a dose this morning. Luckily, I had some left over from the ear infection so I didn't have to buy more. The vet said that she should be better by this morning and if not, give her another dose of the pred. She wasn't better when I got home and continued to wheeze and cough, so I gave another dose. The vet called to check on her and suggested I give her double dose tomorrow morning and if she doesn't improve bring her back for a different course of action.

Poor little kitty. She is 100% unhappy and it makes me super sad.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh I'm so sorry for Chaser -- and for you! I hope she feels better.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for Chase and for you and Matt. I know how helpless it makes you feel. Poor kitty.