Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Playing dress-up

We are having a Halloween costume contest at work. I can't decide if I want to play or not. If I do play, I don't want to spend a dime. Last year I went as an artist and wore all black with lots of eye makeup.

And here are some quotes to ponder:

"I find it very concerning that you would rather use Microsoft Office or Excel because you get frustrated using the typewriter. Sometimes you need to step up to the plate and face a challenge. Improving your typing skills ON THE TYPEWRITER will make you a better person."

Me: Oh your jewelry is very classic.
Her: I prefer Classy, yours is very urban.

Me: Have you tried doing the St. Joseph thing to sell your house?
Her: No if Jesus can't sell it nobody can.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

If you have a pair of black pants and a long sleeve black shirt that you no longer wear anywhere and don't care what happens to them... Get yourself some white acrylic paint (if you don't already) and paint white bones on the black clothes, like a patella where your knees are and going on from there. Just paint the fronts. I did this with a cheap-ass pair of FadedGlory leggings and men's mock Turtleneck XXL shirt and I have been set for years. Comfy, goes everywhere and looks good.

Joanne S said...

Samantha is taking credit for the bones I painted on her clothes. Really!!!! But it is very cute and comfy and scary to preschoolers.

As to the conversations. Who the hell are you talking to? And why?

Do you want art from me? You need to sign up on my blog--Wednesday's Child. I'll make you something "urban".