Saturday, October 07, 2006

Artwalk

Today is day one of the Brewery Art Walk. I am nervous and excited.

Yesterday I went to Starbucks at 4:00 to get a coffee. I don't really like starbucks coffee, it usually upsets my stomach and causes gastric distress. All except their light roast. So I waited in a 10 person line and then ordered at tall light roast. The coffee jerk, I know they prefer barista, but the soda jerk has a long history that has morphed into a coffee jerk. So he tells me that they don't have the light roast brewed. Would I like a regular roast and he could water it down for me? Gee wiz. Why would pay $2.00 for a watered down coffee?

I asked rather than give me a watered down version of something that will make me sick, could he just brew a pot of the coffee I ordered. He informed me that they had reached light roast quota for the day and all he can offer me is watered down regular roast. I left and went to 7/11.

If you order a diet coke and they bring you a watered down regular coke, does it make it diet? Watered down dark roast coffee doesn't equal a light roast coffee.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

Starbucks just isn't what it used to be. Now that they exist in almost every new Target and in with ice cream shops, dry cleaners and Subway restaurants. They have made the brand cheap and the product is being made by any minimum wage kid hired to work that hour. There is no "barista" making your coffee at Target. and, by the way, that'll be an extra 5%.

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing! Perfect decision, because that sounds like a rip-off to me, somehow and still charging the price.