Friday, January 27, 2006

jobs x100

My boss finally took the time to speak with me regarding a change in my job. She has some specific goals in mind and has told me that I can really create the job into what I want.

What do I want?

I would like to make more money if I do more work.
I would consider changing my hours, if necessary.
I want to utilize my communication skills.

What I do not want?

I do not want to be taken advantage of because I don’t know how to say no.
I do not want to take on parts of other people’s jobs for no compensation.
I do not want to be expected to do my entire current job as well as the added responsibilities.
I do not want to give up my lovely afternoons.

The moral is really low in my department. We have some uncomfortable situations going on with various co-workers; lots of death. I think that the overall feeling of yuck is clouding my judgment.

I have requested a meeting with another manager, one who has been here forever and really knows how the changes can and cannot occur. I hope that she will be able to give me some good advice and help me decide what is best.

No comments: