Tuesday, January 10, 2006

You're pretty

It sometimes makes me uncomfortable how often I hear that at work. I suppose I am guilty of telling people when I think that they look pretty. But it kind of freaks me out when people go out of their way to mention that I look really pretty today. It happens more often when I curl my hair.

I totally don't intend for that to sound vain, I really don't think I'm vain. I have made a concerted effort to improve my overall appearance at work. The main reason is that if I am dressed professional and in my nylons and heels, I'll be able to attend lunches with short notice, and I feel better when I don't look like a scrub. AND since I'm the only one in my department who cannot wear scrubs, I might as well enjoy what I'm wearing. I would LOVE to wear scrubs to work.

My friend who just quit to work at a physician office gets to wear scrubs, she was the only other who also had to "dress nice" She loves it.

Emma and I went on a squirrel expedition today. It seems all of the squirrels are missing. I called my girlfriend to confirm the absence of her squirrel, Rocky, he is also MIA. She thinks it is a hawk.

I spoke to my HR friend about the transfer policy. He agreed with my stance on what it says and has agreed to submit my transfer request to the hiring manager. Of course this happened after 2 good days in a row. I both want to stay and see what happens with my position and also leave. I don't know if the supposed changes in my job entitle me to more money. That alone could be a deciding factor.

I am making a modified version of Rachel Ray's chicken cigars. I plan to add some carrots and other things TBD we'll also have spinach and maybe mashed potatoes.

I get to have my annual pap smear tomorrow. Lucky me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you lived in New York you hated the "cat calls" from strangers. But, how nice to hear a sincere compliment from a co-worker! Of course, you ARE pretty!

Deborah Boschert said...

I agree. You are pretty! No squirrels? What a bummer. I love squirrels and it's fun inthe winter time because you can see them running about the trees since the leaves are gone. I need a detailed report on all recipes you cook from 365. I don't think I'll be cooking anything until we move... but I can still make notes.