Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend wrap up

I woke up at 6:00 yesterday and couldn't go back to sleep. 6 is still over an hour later than normal waking hours but for some reason I can't consider that "sleeping in".

Matt got up with me and we watched 5 hours of Six Feet Under, saving Season 4 finale for later in the day. Well worth the wait. I can see why people didn't enjoy it as much towards the end but we are really enjoying it. I like the character development. I assume the final season will be released just in time for Christmas.

We decided to run errands and go out for bagels. I had an everything bagel with cheese, toasted with cream cheese. It was gross, I'll never stray from my usual again. Matt had is regular salt with cream cheese and Lox.

The rest of the day was spend doing a lot of nothing.

Today I managed to sleep in, or at least until 8. I got up and put a pot roast in the crock pot. I've never made a pot roast, I'm hopefully it will taste ok. We gave the dirty dirty dog a bath. She is now super soft and shiny.

The rest of today has also been filled with a lot of nothing mixed in with bits of uneventful house keeping.

I did make some mean french toast for breakfast! French toast, bacon and mimosas.

I am super duper excited about a job possibility. More to follow.

4 comments:

molly said...

Whoa, we're food twins! I'm making a pot roast in the crockpot for the first time this week. Let me know how yours turns out. What are you putting in there for seasoning?

Joanna Stein said...

I used onion soup mix. I put the veggies in first, then put the meat on top and sprinkled onion soup mix over everything. I also made some slits in the meat and stuffed some garlic in the holes.

It turned out REALLY good. I almost asked our friends to come for dinner, but decided not to, which is very good, as we ate every single bit of the meat!

How are you cooking yours?

molly said...

I don't know! The recipe I have calls for onion soup mix and a bottle of beer, but, predictably, we drank all the beer already. I may just try it your way.

Deborah Boschert said...

I do onion soup and cream of mushroom soup. Some water too I suppose. Usually very very good. Potatos, carrots and onions too. Jeff always want to have it with corn bread. I'm so happy yours was good. Guess what I did last Wednesday night? I watched LOST for the first time. Now we can talk about Model AND Lost. I'll be home tomorrow and I'll call you soon. (Did you even know I went to TX... or did you have to hear it from by blog? I should have called you... )