Saturday, September 17, 2005

Bits and pieces

I know dirt regarding the "fraud" between Kenny and Renee. It is nice to know people "in the business".

We had dinner at my most very favorite Cuban place. It was delicious. We had beef and chicken empanadas, fried mashed potato balls stuffed with ground beef and a Cuban sandwich. I had a special mojito, I prefer the non special.

Tomorrow we get to meet baby Sophie. She was born last Friday to our friends Linda and Robert. She arrived nine minutes after they walked in the door of the hospital! Go Linda.

Matt is at the dentist, I hope he has as good of a review of his teeth as I did.

We are almost done watching season 3 of 6Ft Under. I had hoped we would finish all that are available before this week, but it didn't happen. I have so many wonderful tv commitments coming up in the next few weeks.

I really, really love So You Think You Can Dance. Survivor seems like it will be entertaining. I do have a thing for the Mayans. I CAN NOT WAIT for LOST. I still have been unable to get anyone at work to watch so therefore no one to discuss the plots and stuff. I do however have a number of coworkers that watch The Amazing Race!

Depending upon the dentist, we may go to the south facing beaches to watch the biggest waves in many years. There was a big storm in N.Z. two weeks ago and the waves have now reached SoCal, coupled with the full moon, they should be pretty great.

Regarding waves, when we were camping last weekend the waves were an amazing color of blue in the middle of the night. I had recently read up on why glaciers are blue, they aren't. The reflect all but the blue color because of how dense they are. I think the crashing of the waves is the same concept. I would have liked to take a picture but it was dark and I didn't want to find the camera.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Where's the Cuban place? I love those potato balls and mojitos.

9 mins is impressive. Damn.

Deborah Boschert said...

But what about the zellwinger dirt?

molly said...

Seconding Deborah. We must know!

Ben said...

blue ice, that's pimpin. Joanna, all I can think whenever I read your blog is that you are a fucking pimp. Why? I don't know. Something about your personality just says "I'm dope."

Joanna Stein said...

Ben you crack me up.