Friday, September 23, 2005

Deep Thoughts

Are mash ups (bits of 2+ songs molded together into one new creation) actual new songs? Or are they just edits of another's work? My DH (dear husband for you non quiverful folk) thinks they are no more than someone taking someone else's work and calling it their own. I kind of think that they are new creative songs. Is that because he is a musician and I'm just a listener?

What did that Irish guy shoot up in the opener of LOST? Does it have to do with the drug plane? Is it a heroin operation like my friends think? Personally I think that is a little far fetched, but than so are special boys who kill rare birds with their thoughts.

I'm very anxious to finish 6 Ft. Under. Will Ruth divorce her new husband? Will David die? When will Season 5 be out? I hope to wrap up 3 tonight and dig right into 4 this weekend.

I'm seriously sick and tired of going to physical therapy everyday.

I had a longer post written in my head earlier today. I can't remember anything else.

2 comments:

molly said...

That's interesting about the heroin operation! It sure would fit in with the crashed plane they found, huh? Ben and I went frame by frame, and the lottery numbers are on the bottles of whatever it is he injects himself with.

Ben said...

I have an opinion!!! I have an opinion!! I was trying to mash two songs together using a software DJ program, and one line was "I don't know why" and the other was "I'm not your stepping stone" and I think if a Dj or producer or whatever (the lines are so blurred) is inspired to put two songs together in order to make a statement or something, and it is insightful and meaningful, then it is art, and his own thing. But he still don't get no money, and should prolly have to pay royalties.