Sunday, February 15, 2009

Long Weekends

For valentine's day I got Matt House of the Dead - Overkill for wii. Zombie killing at it's best. It is multi-player so we get to rid the world of zombies together. It is a pretty hilarious game lots of cussing and half naked girls, including half naked girl zombies!

We had a lovely valentine's evening at the local sports bar/wings joint. We figured it wouldn't be a hot valetine date destination and we were right. We spilt wings and spinach artichoke dip, both of which were sub par. We then came home to play House of the Dead. It was a perfect low key night.

Today we walked with Emma to starbucks, she'll probably sleep the rest of the day. It is a bit farther than she is used to walking these days. She is really showing her age, I can't belive she'll be 14 years old in just 3 weeks. She's getting a special pupcake from the local dog bakery.

We're going to spend the rest of the day watching movies and playing the wii. We have Secret Life of Bees and Hamlet 2. Later, we'll walk over to Blockbuster and return Hamlet 2 and exchange it for Pineapple Express. I really like the combo of both by mail and looking in person at the store.

Tomorrow! I do love Monday holidays. Tomorrow I plan to do some baking. I'll probably start one of the breads tonight and make a couple other loaves tomorrow. Both Matt and I loved the Spiced Prune bread, it doesn't sound appealing but it is really good! Especially toasted with butter, the prunes get all carmalized and crispy.

My birds have been spending more and more time in the feeder. Throughout the day the male bird comes to the feeder and coos. Sometimes the female bird comes to join him and they both sit in the feeder for a little while. I hope that I can catch them making the nest. According the the internet one of them sits in the nesting area while the other gathers nesting material. Then it comes back and lands on the back of the one in the feeder to hand off the twings and leaves.

It will be fun to have another batch of baby birds!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your update! I read Secret Life of Bees and want to see the movie - what did you think?
Have a great extra day off!
love, mom

Anonymous said...

Joanna, I cannot believe she is 14 years old!!! I guess it should not be that hard to believe as Zach is 14 now too! I remember when you brought her with you to visit me in Ithaca...I think my gram was terrified of her!
Deb Kippola