Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Free

We're done with the 30 days of restriction! But honestly I was off as soon as we hit Aspen. Come on! Free vacation food or restriction and not eating? Um and the whole open bar all the time, hard to decline.

Sadly I'm back on coffee. I am especially busy at work right now and it is a treat for me in the morning. If I need a quick break in the afternoon I go back for a half caf/half decaf, save the cup and register a gift care and it's free. I'm far less concerned with the caffeine than the half and half I add by the bucketful. Seriously I need to make myself switch to whole milk or something. Either that or exercise extra everyday to burn off the dumb fat calories.

We're still cooking everything we eat. I'm still making any breads we eat. We're not using sugar. We don't have any junky food in the house. Except for salted caramels, I try to only have a few a week. Soon enough they'll be gone. And ideally I won't make any more.

Matt is still choosing not to eat a number of things no caffeine, sugar and very limited dairy. We've both had the occasional alcoholic beverage. In fact I plan to have one shortly.

Overall I don't feel any different. I don't have any food alergies that effect my everyday life. Shellfish and I will never be friends and I know my limits on other fish, those are easy to control. It was a good January challenge. I'm glad we did it.

Our first dinner out in a month was to our favorite place Pitfire Pizza Co. I seriously love that place. We had a lovely dinner on the patio near the fire pit, which is a great new addition. We split a big salad and the winter special spare rib pasta. I had a sangria and Matt had a beer. It was a warm 75 degrees and we took our time walking home. Well worth waiting a month!

1 comment:

Deep said...

Really great article! You provide here lots of information on dieting and workouts. Thanks for sharing with us…