Sunday, September 14, 2008

bread

I think I will try making the dilly bread again today. I realized about 45 minutes into the first rising period that I forgot to put in the egg. So I mixed it in and set it in the warm oven to rise. It never did double, but it was close enough.

After stirring down and putting it back into the oven to rise nothing happened, nothing. A lump of dough. It did smell wonderful and we did eat it. It tasted great, just like mom's. But it was not light and airy like bread should be.

And really, there is never enough for toast the next day... So I'll make more today and hopefully it will be more successful.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

How was the skirt steak? I have only made skirt steak once and it was awful. So tough. I think you really need flank steak. The dilly bread always rises unpredictably.

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for me to make dilly bread too! I've never made a skirt steak - not even sure what it is. The flank is always a winner!! love, mom