Monday, June 30, 2008

It's about time!

I haven't blogged much. No reason, just preoccupied with other things.

I spent pretty much my whole day Saturday at the eye doctor. They are trying to fit me back to toric lenses. I wore torric my whole contact wearing life until about 3 years ago when the switched me to soft lenses. Finding the right fit has been a challenge. About 7 hours of challenge. Including 4.5 hour at the eye doctor on Saturday and a prior appointment a week and a half ago. Saturday's appointment did not bode well for my evening plans. A or B, B or C, C or D always gives me a headache, so unfortunately we skipped out on evening plans.

Last weekend we went camping at the beach. I randomly pick weekends throughout the summer to go beach camping, in January. They book up within a week or so of becoming available. I happened to pick a perfect weekend it was easily 109 here and 95 at the beach.

For the first time ever we took Emma in the Honda FIT with all our gear. Everything we needed easily FIT, we flipped up the double back seat and she ends up curling up and laying down. It worked perfectly. Loads of room for both us and Emma. She was a lot less crazy, I think it is because she can't quite see outside.

We had a great time. We drove around a bit looking at sod farms and strawberry fields. The strawberries smelled so amazing while driving down the road we had to stop at a roadside stand and get some. Super tasty!

Camping was great, the moon was full and bright and the stars were out in full force. We even drove down the Pacific Coast Highway a bit to find the perfect spot of beach to call our own and play in the ocean's wake. Even Emma had a great time.

Next time we go it's over the meteor shower weekend in August. I have jury duty the next Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The strawberry season here is just ending. We LOVE our local berries much better than CA ones!

I sure hope you get the vision challenges resolved soon.

love, mom

Samantha said...

I can't wait to get my FIT! Should be coming end of this month. I've been thinking of it's camping-inside-it capabilities. On a more pessimistic note, I was thinking if there should be a disaster, what of my all my belongings could FIT in the car along with the 3 cats.