Monday, July 21, 2008

Little updates

We leave for vacation on Saturday. We'll be hanging out with Matt's dad and wife, our nephew Rob and seeing a bunch of other family. I plan to do some reading - Eat, Love, Pray - sTORI Telling (!!!) and the book about shoe addicts my mom gave me for my b-day. We'll spend lots of time on the boat fishing. Relaxing!

Hopefully I can get over my new allergy to sunscreen. So far I've tried 4 different kinds each time I get a really bad rash and hives. Awesome. Next up to try is some Aveeno baby stuff.

Matt left his job 2 weeks ago. It just wasn't the right job. I can relate to that and sometimes it is just better to end it in its early stages then stay and be miserable. Sadly, the economy has this self perpetuating message of doom. I love NPR, but come on enough with the doom and gloom. Plenty of things are AOK. Entertainment is one of them. People still go to concerts, they still want to go see their favorite bands. They want to escape the economy doom and gloom for 2 hours. For Matt it's just a matter of finding the right gig.

That gig may have presented itself today. It is a fantastic opportunity for Matt to go out on the road with a band for 2-3 months. I don't know what I'll do with myself without him for that length of time. I'm pretty dependent upon him. I miss him when he's just gone for the day. We pretty much do everything together. But it is a great gig, he'll do a great job and it will be awesome to add to his resume.

Maybe I'll blog more if he isn't home!

No comments: