Tuesday, April 01, 2008

eeek!

So as you may recall we purchased a Honda Fit in June 07. LOVE IT.

A few weeks ago we got a market research call about the Fit. I'm the primary driver so I answered all the questions. Simple questions like, when thinking about driving with passengers, you like the people to feel like they are riding a roller coaster and have near death experiences. 5 for completely agree 1 for completely disagree. Just so you know that is a 1, I do not like it when my passengers feel like they will die because of my driving. Chances of death are high enough in LA, I don't need to add to the anxiety by driving like an a-hole.

So anyway, I was told they'd be getting back to me soon. I got another call last Friday and I'm the perfect candidate, exactly what they are seeking.

I went to the first night of the study last night. We met with a market researcher type dude and talked about our likes and dislikes about various sub-compact hatch back cars. The cars we all owned Scion XA, Hyundai Accent, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit and Nissan Versa.

Over the course of the next two weeks I will drive a Nissan Versa, Chevy Aveo, Scion XD(!!!), Honda Fit and the Mazda 3. They are all brand new save for the Mazda it is certified used and fit the class. We each drive the cars for 3 days, switching off at a local gas station. The market researchers wash and gas up the cars and off we go in our next new drive.

At the end of the 2 weeks we meet up again. This time it is in a ballroom with all 5 of the cars. We go one on one with a research person and go over each aspect of the cars we like and didn't like. We also are taking pictures everyday of things we do, things we like and stuff in the car that we like or don't like.

They are working with a car manufacture to develop a car to be released in 2013. Exciting. I'm so cutting edge! At the end of the study they give us $400 cash and say thanks. $400 and no gas expense for 2 weeks!!! And bonus, Matt is thrilled to be driving the Fit.

It was fun to gang up with the other Fit owners. A Scion guy said that every single person who drives a Fit is obsessed with it, they cannot stop saying how absolutely fantastic the car is!

I'm most excited about the Scion XD. I really wanted a Scion XA, or at least the option to test drive one. (I prefer the Fit in hindsight) They stopped making the XA in 06 and we couldn't wait for the release of the 08 comparable Scion. It looks so awesome, sleek and sassy.

And HOORAY!!! Matt started his new job today. We are both so happy for him to have this great opportunity.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

That sounds so super fun. I can think of a few things I could do with $400.