Saturday, April 05, 2008

Artwalk!

This weekend is the Spring Artwalk at the Brewery. Today was a great first day and there was loads of foot traffic. I hope to do equally as well tomorrow.

The car study is going well. So far I've driven the Nissan Versa, Chevrolet Aveo and I have the Mazda 3 now. The Mazda is the best of the bunch, but still not as good as the Fit. The other Fit owners all agree that they've made the right decision in their purchases, even after driving the super cool Scion.

So we've been driving Japanese cars in America for a long, long time now. The only American car in the bunch cannot even hold a candle to the foreign cars. Come on Detroit, but a couple Japanese cars, take them apart and figure out how to copy them. DO IT. I am EMBARRASSED at how poorly the Aveo compared to any of the other cars in its class. That is just dumb. I'd like to buy American, but the cars they make in the class I can easily afford and enjoy to drive are crappy. Step up car makers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Japanese cars are death traps. Do you know anyone who has survived a crash in a Japanese car? When I lived in Japan it was rumoured that they were using re-cycled metal to build their cars.
These days I feel strongly that they should be held responsible and accountable for the utter lack of safety their vehicles provide.
I am amazed that the govts of countries which import their vehicles, and that is worldwide, do nothing about this.
I guess trade and money is more important than the lifes of people.
Me, only european vehicles, thank you.