Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I am a bad mom

Last weekend I took kitty-kitty-meow-meow to the vet. She had been favoring her ear and keeping it low to her head. It also seemed her inner ear was coated in black wax.

Bad mom part one, I love the way she cuddles up to me in the vet. So much that I could probably take her there weekly just so she will snuggle right up under my chin for protection. I guess her fear level isn't as high at home as she never is that much of a cuddle monkey. Fortunately she just has a yeast infection, an easy fix with drops for 2 weeks.

Bad mom part two, reading directions. The drops require refrigeration. After a week of using the drops, at room temp, the poor kitty would cry every time I'd give her the drops. And the black goo was back. So I looked closer at the bottle and saw the giant sticker requesting me to keep the medication in the refrigerator. I suppose the 100+ temps we've had for the last 2 weeks wasn't helpful.

I called the vet and they recommended that I come in for a new prescription. So 4 days into the new medicine, Chase just cries because I'm putting drops in her ears, not because putting rancid drops into her ears. Poor little meower.

Matt response was "at least it wasn't a baby".

2 comments:

Samantha said...

You are not a bad cat mom. You are human and things just happen. I have three and I have been thru the emotional wringer with all of them, some of what they have done and some of what I have done. My worst bad mom moment is when I sent Hobbes to the vet with a collar on that did not detach and the last day he was there (I was on vaca) he rubbed his cheeks raw trying to take it off. I had to put cream on them until the fur and skin grew back. I was a very guilty bad mom. I cried every night.

Anonymous said...

Poor Chase - but, I'm know she still will always love her mom best! That unconditional love is priceless!!