Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sewing

My sister encouraged my mom and I to watch Project Runway. So yesterday, I spent 4 hours catching up. I really enjoyed it, so many funny personalities. But really I'm most drawn to the actual designing.

My friend Katrina has decided to master making lingerie. She wants to be able to look back in a number of years and say "blank" is my thing. Hooray for lingerie! I hope she'll let me help, and teach me in the process. All I have to say is thank goodness she has a dress makers form!

She also has a new iron. Katrina has mentioned her new iron both in person and in email. It must really rock. The iron junkie in me is afraid to try it; it may be instantly addicting. I'll be making excuses to bring over my wrinkled clothing just to use it. A sewing day is planned for January. Maybe we can use all the fabric for bridal veils for lingerie? I'm way more likely to use the lingerie.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay for lingerie! We're going to have such a good time making them. This will be perfect because I'm more about sewing the pieces to flatter the body.

I'm such a nerd about the iron, but you will love it. The steam function is too much fun.

Deborah Boschert said...

more iron info, please!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the lingerie project! Tricky - be sure to use the right machine needle. Will we see a blog runway show?

Joanna Stein said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanna Stein said...

I didn't mean to delete that, whatever.

I'll post pictures of Katrina and I using her new Bernina iron. I think it matches her sewing machine.

Katrina said...

Hi Deborah! It's a Bernette IS60. My mom uses a Rowenta and says that it tends to leak (she's going to make the switch). The Bernette is not a leaker and has a cute cork handle. It is heavy-ish for an iron, but I like that. Also it cannot stand upright nor shut off automatically. This iron is hot all the way to the tip and has controllable steam. I didn't even know that was possible!

Sucks that my ironing board is the $10 one from Ikea.

A blog runway show... as long as it's not me modelling, that sounds fun!