Thursday, December 15, 2005

creative slumber

I am ready to arise from my long absence of creativity. I had decided to take the summer off so that I could take a bit of a break from working with clay. It gets to be a bit much to look at; clay isn't the kind of project one can put away and get out each time the mood strikes; it sits on my craft table and honestly I'm a bit messy. I did not expect to extend the break throughout the rest of the year. I am mending well and I think I can get back into the creative mode soon. I have my hopefully last dr. appointment on Monday.

I’m a little stagnant. I plan to purchase some inspiring magazines or perhaps a whole new thing altogether. Recenlty, I’ve pulled out a few different projects that are incomplete and I have no desire to complete them, so I just put them back for another day. I hate that.

I’ve thought about doing some sewing, painting and various other activities but they are all unattractive at this moment.

I think maybe after the holidays I will awake from my slumber. Even if I really don't have any new and fresh ideas, sometimes they don't strike until I'm actually working, I will get everything out in early January.

Today I am Christmas shopping. I know what I’m getting the nieces/nephews and my parents. Now to find the perfect gift for my husband; we’ve decided to stick to gifts related to our trip, but it isn’t too much fun to just open long johns and flannel shirts. I’ll find something fun.

Matt keeps asking what I want for Christmas. Today the answer came to me in the form of a commercial on the radio. Coldplay, with hopefully backstage passes, the Forum February 4, 2006. Tickets go on sale Saturday. If we buy the tickets, the passes will come, right? This is Hollywood after all and I do have a husband with the hook up. Oh and if the rumors are correct, stupid Gwyneth won't be in my way to spoil my fun cause who wants to go on tour with a toddler and be like 6 months pregnant. Right?

Please Santa Claus bring me front row Coldplay tickets to me for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could take your camera for a walk and snap some funky views of life! Perhaps inspiration and a creative edge!