Friday, August 22, 2008

Jury Duty

I reported for jury duty last Thursday. Early in the day my name was selected and was told to report back today.

Luckily I didn't need to report to court until 1:30. Matt came home yesterday after few days on the road with a band. so we had a nice morning together. Actually, he slept in late and I chatted with my dad on the phone.

Jury duty usually provides great people watching, so many weird and interesting people. While sitting in the hallway waiting, the famed attorney Mark Geragos walked down the hallway. I got really excited for a minute that perhaps he was the defending attorney. He is one hell of a snappy dresser! I would love to hear him argue cases, but alas he walked into another courtroom. In case you don't know who Mark Geragos is, he defended Scott Petersen, Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder...

Today consisted mostly of paperwork. A multi-page questionnaire. They'll now review and pick the perfect jury beginning in September.

So at least for now, I'm free to go about life as usual.

No comments: